Bensons offers the following employee benefits:
- Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day.
- 1 week unpaid vacation the first full year employed.
- 1 year from date of hire rounded to the first of the following month an employee begins to accrue vacation time earned until the end of the calendar year (3.333 hrs per month). This time is used between the end of the full year of employment and the calendar year end.
- 1 week paid vacation the second full calendar year employed.
- 2 weeks paid vacation the third full calendar year employed and each year thereafter.
- A full time employee accumulates 6 days per year (4 hours per month) from his or her first day of employment.
Short term disability
- An employee is eligible for short term disability benefits (28 weeks) only after he/she is employed by the company for ninety (90) days. Compensation is calculated at two-thirds of your average weekly paycheck with a weekly maximum of $200.00 per week.
- Employee must be employed by the company for ninety (90) days.
- Health Deductions are done pretax.
- Harvard Pilgrim health Insurance Plan MD 3036.
- Employee contribution – HMO: Single plan $44.50 per week. All other dependent or Spousal coverage 100% paid for by the employee.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- An employee is eligible after one full year employment.
- The open enrollment dates are February 1st and August 1st.
- The company has an elective profit sharing plan that is funded annually based on the owner’s discretion.
- The company issues and pays for uniforms for those employees required to wear a uniform.
Employee Purchase Plan
- Full time employees after 30 days of employment are entitled to purchase goods from the company at a cost plus basis.